General Application Process Information
In compliance with all applicable state and federal law, including the provisions of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendment of 1972, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990, the ADA Amendments Act of 2008, Executive Order 11246, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, as amended, the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act, as amended, and the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008, as well as any amendments to those laws, Vanderbilt University does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of their race, sex, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, military service, or genetic information in its administration of educational policies, programs, or activities; admissions policies; scholarship and loan programs; athletic or other University-administered programs; or employment. In addition, the University does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of their sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression consistent with the University's nondiscrimination policy. Inquiries or complaints should be directed to Anita J. Jenious, Director; the Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, and Disability Services Department; Baker Building; PMB 401809, 2301 Vanderbilt Place; Nashville, TN 37240-1809. Telephone (615) 322-4705 (V/TDD); FAX (615) 343-4969."
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act and the Tennessee College and University Security Information Act, Vanderbilt University will provide you, upon request, an annual Security Report on University-wide security and safety, including related policies, procedures, and crime statistics. A copy of this report may be obtained by writing or calling the Vanderbilt University Police Department, 111 28th Avenue South, Nashville, TN 37212 or by telephone at (615) 343-9750. You may also obtain this report on our Website at http://police.vanderbilt.edu/crimeinfo/annual-security-report.pdf.
Please read the following agreements carefully before submitting your application/profile. Your submittal acknowledges that you have read, understood and authorize any person, agency or other entity contracted by Vanderbilt University or its agents, to furnish the following mentioned information:
· In connection with my application for employment with Vanderbilt University, I understand that if I receive a conditional offer of employment, Vanderbilt will conduct a background check. Therefore, authorize Vanderbilt University or its agents to obtain a consumer report and/or investigative consumer report about my background, including but not limited to information as to my employment, education, consumer credit, driving record, social security number verification, criminal record/history and/or other public records. I authorize all persons to fully disclose information relevant to this investigation, as well as any reference checks performed as a part of the hiring process. I release from liability all persons, companies and governmental or other agencies disclosing any such information. I further authorize that an electronic submission of this authorization may be considered as an original.
· The Fair Credit Reporting Act gives you specific rights, for complete text of the FCRA, please reference their website at http://www.ftc.gov.
· You understand that you must be able to perform the essential functions of any job with or without reasonable accommodations for which you are offered employment, which might include physical standards established by the University. You understand that, if offered employment, you might be required as a condition of employment to take a physical examination. You also understand that during employment you might from time to time be subjected to physical examinations and/or physical ability tests to demonstrate that you can perform the essential functions of your job. If you need or have questions about reasonable accommodations, please contact the Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, and Disability Services Department; Baker Building; PMB 401809, 2301 Vanderbilt Place; Nashville, TN 37240-1809. Telephone (615) 322-4705 (V/TDD); FAX (615) 343-4969.
· You understand that Vanderbilt may from time to time require that you take a drug and/or alcohol test as a condition of employment.
· You give Vanderbilt University approval to contact all of your prior employers and obtain job-related information. You release Vanderbilt University from liability for seeking your prior employer information and all other persons, corporations/organizations providing such information.
· I have read this form, understand and authorize any person, agency or other entity contacted by Vanderbilt University or its agents, to furnish the information referenced on this form.
· By submitting your application for consideration, you certify that all of the information on this application and any attachments you provide are true to the best of your knowledge. You understand and agree that any misrepresentations or omission of facts on this application and any attachments you provide may prevent you from being hired, or if hired, may be grounds for immediate termination of employment.
Export Compliance Notice
Vanderbilt University is committed to compliance with federal laws and regulations governing exports and ensuring such compliance is consistent with the University's open academic environment that fosters intellectual creativity, freedom to carry out research in an unrestricted manner, and the open dissemination of research results. All activities undertaken by our University community, including research activities, must comply with the export control regulations and University policies, procedures and standards already in place. Due to the nature of work performed at Vanderbilt University, the position you are applying for may be subject to U.S. export control laws and regulations.
The export control laws and regulations restrict:
- the release or disclosure of certain, specific technology, technical data, software, and information to certain, specific foreign nationals within or outside the U.S.
- the furnishing of defense services to foreign persons whether in the United States or abroad;
- the shipment or other transmission of items or defense articles outside the United States; and
- the ability to export or otherwise transact with certain identified individuals, entities and countries.
Certain export transactions require a license or other written approval from the U.S. government prior to export. Some transactions are prohibited due to the end-use, end-user, or country involved. These requirements are in place for national security and other foreign policy reasons.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon your ability to perform the job duties in satisfaction and compliance with export control laws and regulations.